Too many zucchini!
Zucchini is one of those plants that keeps on giving. Of course, we give it away to friends and family; so much so, they start taking it just to be polite. However, did you know you can freeze it and other summer veggies; such as, squash and peppers?
Here are the 5 simple steps:
- Cut zucchini into sticks about 2 inches in length.
- Lay zucchini, single layer, on a cooling rack or baking sheet. Try to keep from stacking the sticks.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes. You can leave it longer, up to a few hours. However, do not leave the zucchini sticks overnight, or you’ll risk freezer burn.
- After zucchini has frozen, take it out of the freezer and place it into freezer bags to protect it.
- Frozen zucchini sticks should last up to a year in the freezer.
Note: Frozen zucchini will not be good it some recipes. Although, for recipes such as soups, casseroles, stir fry, and delicious zucchini bread it should do fine.
Bonus: Zucchini Bread recipe from Allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/6698/moms-zucchini-bread/